Friday 11 January 2013

Jewel Green Engine Reno - 2


 

 4/9/12
Today, I spent most of the morning getting out the gearbox & removing the bell housing. It all went fairly easily except everything I did to try & stop the oil coming out the rear of the gearbox didn’t work so I had oil everywhere & that took ages to clean up. I don’t know why I didn’t drain the oil first! In fact I had to hose out the garage floor. Having both out parts out, it was very obvious that it had been leaking oil for a considerable period of time.
10/9/12
Next, I dismantled the clutch & noted that the most of the parts are worn & I will possibly need a complete clutch assembly. Then the flywheel came off & then the sump. I had difficulty trying to find the best way to work on the engine & I still have not found the most ideal stand.


 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment