Monday 25 January 2021

Welcome to my Capri blog!


Another year & the blog started in 2013 is still functioning. I hope 2021 is better for everyone.

It is designed to help me & others interested in Ford Capris share information on events & anything of interest about the cars. Rather than revamp my previous blogs I decided to make a fresh start and just add bits & pieces about Ford Capris, in particular, the Mark 1.




These are my two Capris. I have owned the white (Winter White) 1972 1600 XL since 2000 when I paid $2300. I really liked the steering wheel and it was registered so I bought it but have since spent a considerable amount restoring it to its present condition.


I bought the 1970 Jewel Green 1600 Deluxe in 2008 on EBay for $3000 (very lucky!). Again, I have spent a fair bit of the green stuff to get it to its present condition.


Both cars are very original with matching numbers & I have kept them as original as possible. I am the second real owner of the green car & I have the original sales docket for it. I am a retired educator and live in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia so most of my posts will relate to local items but you are most welcome to add any comments or items of interest.


I hope you enjoy the posts & I will try to add more this year.

Here are some more photos of the cars at various shows in past years.

My other discontinued blogs are:

This is a rather long blog detailing the restoration of the Jewel Green Capri. There are quite a few posts so if you are interested, be sure to look at all the Older Posts.

This blog details another restoration project that I was involved in.

2 comments:

  1. oldcapriman,
    Sorry, I missed you at the all ford day, I got there eventually. Like your blog, I'm getting my own up and running at present. Keep up the good work, I'll be checking in now and again. Kerry (Silver Mk3)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oldcapriman,
    Good work, enjoying your passion.
    Kerry (Silver mk3)

    ReplyDelete